Tuesday, January 25, 2011

It's Complicated

If you haven't watched the move "It's Complicated" with Meryl Streep, please go right now and watch it. It's such a great movie. There's a scene where Meryl Streep and Steve Martin smoke some pot, get really high, and have me in hysterics on the couch! I've never smoked before, but the scene makes me so curious because they are just so damn funny! But it'll never happen. Just to clarify! LOL I've seen the movie a few times now, but on Friday night I watched a rerun of it on HBO or something and ever since then I can't get the house and the food in the movie out of my head. To. Die. For.

These are a few pictures of the kitchen Meryl Streep has:

I absolutely love everything about this kitchen.

Michael could never get me out of the kitchen if I could have all this.

This is the family room off of the kitchen.

Everything about these pictures scream ME.

Because I LOVE to cook my dream is to one day have a kitchen like that. I personally think the heart of the home is the kitchen... and because of my addiction/love of food... think a lot of happiness stems from the kitchen too. Once we have kids, dinner at the kitchen table as a family will be a must. No sitting on the couch with TV trays. Nope. That won't fly in Mama Byrne's house. It's okay for right now, because Michael loves it... but once their are chitlins running around it won't happen anymore.

Speaking of food... Oh Em Gee. The FOOD in the movie! I can't tell what half of it is. But everything looks absolutely delish. The sweets, fresh bread, salads... YUMMO! Oh, and how about every single last thing in her crazy amazing bakery!

I will be making two things for sure from the movie. Croque Monsieur, which is the French ham and cheese goodness she made for Steve Martin for dinner, and the layered chocolate cake she made for dinner when Alec Baldwin stands her up but she eats with Steve Martin because they have the "munchies." Just need to find the perfect recipes first and it's a done deal. And maybe one day, I'll try and recreate the entire table spread of food she has when the whole family eats together.

Ok, it's 8:00, dinner is only half cooked... and now I'm starving!

Cyas!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE that movie!! And it always makes me want a chocolate croissant!

    ReplyDelete