Monday, December 20, 2010

30 Day Blog Challege: Day 5

Day 5: Your Sibling

My brother and I the night of his 21st birthday bash.

I have one sibling, my baby brother Mickey. Michael Jr. I sometimes call him "Looch."
(Yes, my father's Michael, brother's Michael and husband's Michael.)

Mickey will be turning 23 on Christmas Eve. Currently a biology major at KSU. He's probably the best story teller I know. I've always said he'd be damn good at standup comedy. He also is one of the most loyal people I have ever met. Loyal to his family and his friends. No matter what, I know he always has my back. He has a hard exterior, doesn't smile much and is probably misjudged by strangers a lot because of his style... but when it comes down to it, he's just a big teddy bear with a really good heart :-). He most definitely has done a lot for Michael and I the last few years. I hope he knows that we've really appreciated it. One of the saddest parts of moving to Florida was that I wouldn't be able to see him as often as I was used to. He was at our house at least once a week, if not more than that, and I loved having him around.

Oh! And he can break it down on the dance floor. But it's a very RARE occurrence these days so you're lucky if you actually catch him busting a move. I recommend a few shots of Patron to warm him up, then you're chances of seeing him come out of "dancing retirement" increase a lot. I actually used to consider him my best party trick because if I begged and pleaded enough he'd dance and then everyone would usually think it was the best thing ever! LOL I guess he still is my best party trick because I still haven't stopped the begging and pleading (and bribing LOL)

And because he's the baby of the family, and still babied even though he and my parents may deny it, I do give him a hard time a lot about growing up, being more responsible and cracking down on his studies. Mainly because I think of myself as his #1 fan (aside from Mom and Dad) so I believe I have the right to also be his harshest critic. Love sometimes means tough love, right? I just know he's WAAYY smarter than he gives himself credit for. Definitely more book smart than me... always has been. So if I could survive college, I know he damn-well can too! And I really just want him to hurry up and do it... put a little more pep in his step and apply himself!

When it comes down to it I just really love my little brother and couldn't live without him. Although recently it's been more of a love/hate relationship, I wouldn't change a thing. And I'm lucky to have such a unique person in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment