Sunday, June 26, 2011

Proud to be an American

I was so happy that after the Budd's Creek MX race Michael and I were able to spend some time in Washington, DC. It was a great experience showing MB our Nation's capital. Sometimes I forget that he has only lived in the US for 10 years and he isn't really familiar with DC, its monuments or history.

Of course, the highlight of the trip for me (being I'd already been to DC 3x) was getting dinner Saturday night at this AWESOME restaurant called Founding Farmers. It's always a good sign when you walk into a restaurant at 9:30 pm and it's still poppin'. For this place, poppin' is probably an understatement. It was PACKED with a long wait list and the food was crazy good! Happy I made a reservation weeks in advanced.

After dinner even though we were both practically walking zombies we managed to head to the Lincoln Memorial/Washington Monument to see them lit up at night.


So, one of my favorite things about these two places is that it always reminds me of that scene in Forest Gump the movie, when Forest is at the podium and then Jenny goes running through the Reflecting Pool and then they run and meet each other in the middle of it. I was pretty bummed when we got here and the pool was empty because it was under construction. I was so deliriously tired I would have probably reenacted it all for shits and giggles.


Michael's favorite part of our trip was not seeing the actual White House, but seeing the spotter on the rooftop of the White House checking us all out with his sniper rifle... Boys and guns... a boy after my own Father's heart.

Us walking around checking out the Smithsonian Museums.

Put the Hope Diamond on my wishlist. #Diamondsareagirlsbestfriend

I definitely feel blessed that we have the opportunity to travel to fun places like this all the time. Even more blessed that my husband puts up with/fuels the fire to the tourist inside of me :-)

Our next stop will be in August when we go to NYC after a race we have in Syracuse, NY. We've never been to the Big Apple so we can't wait to check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment