Monday, June 6, 2011

Greek BBQ Feast


So one of my absolute favorite things to do on a day off is watch Food Network. I usually only pay close attention to Barefoot Contessa and Secrets of a Restaurant Chef and just keep the other shows on for background noise while I do things around the house. Today though, the key word Greek sparked my interest on 5 Ingredient Fix. It's a good show because all the recipes only have 5 ingredients which means 1) The meals will usually be affordable and 2) Pretty simple and easy to make.

I really loved Claire Robinson's lineup today for a "Mighty Aphrodite Meal" so I thought I'd share it with you all.





The burgers, or sliders, would make the perfect appetizer to start the meal off right. All you need for a topping on it would be a generous dollop of the tzatziki sauce. And for the main course, the grilled chicken and salad with... TA-DA a side of tzatziki! My only addition to the salad would be some some feta cheese and kalamata olives. YUMMO.

If you've never had tzatziki sauce, don't be frightened. Give it a try! I'm a big fan on this creamy, cucumbery-greek yogurt goodness.

An interesting tip she shared was to soak the red onions in some ice water for a few minutes before adding it to the cucumbers and tomatoes to take the oniony/sharp edge off. I'm hoping it works. I'm really intimidated by raw onions. Not that I don't like the way they taste, they're usually just to strong. So maybe that might just be the trick to make me a raw onion eater.

Let me know if you give it a try! I plan on making this for some company soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment