Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Keep Calm and Garden On

I love new projects! I decided to start my own herb garden after I threw away the last basil, thyme and cilantro I had bought from the grocery store and barely used before it all went bad. Such a waste of money and a big pet peeve. My solution? Plant an herb garden! Florida weather is perfect for it. I went with pots because it if it does get to chilly outside I can always bring them in for a few weeks.

I chose 8 of my favorites: Thyme, flat leaf parsley, basil, chives, lavender, mint, rosemary and cilantro. I really don't use lavender and mint but couldn't resist. They smell so good! I found a nice little recipe for lavender honey ice-cream I intend to make so it serves a purpose :-)

Everything is growing just wonderfully except for my chives... they're acting a little sketchy. So I'm waiting them out...


Found these super cute antique spoons for all the pots on Etsy!

And of course no garden of mine wouldn't be complete without a Pittsburgh Steelers garden gnome!

My first trimming of basil. I got so much! I was pumped. Made bruschetta and a ravioli bolognese last night using it.

No comments:

Post a Comment